Saturday 21 September 2013

Lesson One: Don't contact them first



There are several ways to contact people on this site.  I can wink, email, instant message, do their quiz or add them to my favourites list.  Even if I just click on their profile they are sent an email to let them know that I am interested.  I feel like I’m leading men on just by looking.  This is so voyeuristic.  Simultaneously men are looking at my profile.  I’m not talking one or two, I am being hit on from every direction.  Men from all over the world are looking at me.  It feels strange and not particularly nice.  Like being naked in public.  I seem to be a very attractive prospect for 45 year old balding men from Norwich.  Is it rude to ignore emails from no ways?  I select a couple of attractive looking guys and send tailored funny emails and wait for a response.  Nothing.  It seems guys don’t like to be approached.
I get my first email:

Email from: P

Date: April 13 2013 - 21:17
Subject: hi
Hi, My name is Juan and I hope you can spare a minute to have a look at my profile, if you are looking for someone down to earth fun intelligent and who can put a smile on your face taking you to a great adventures maybe I will be someone you would like to chat and maybe to meet up. I am Spanish and living in Parsons Green for the last 10 years. where do you live? ....and what do you do?Take care. Juan
He’s 39 and unattractive.  Ignore. 

Email from: I

Date: April 13 2013 - 21:20
Subject: hi ya
How are u tonight ?

kim   
He’s 39, living in Norwich and there’s no photo.  Definitely ignore.

Email from: B

Date: April 13 2013 - 21:21
Subject: Answer to your quiz
Hi Sam,
I loved your Starbuck's cup pic! Where did you find it? Was it full of glorious caffeine?
Howie
He’s 26 and called Howie.  Ignore.   Am I being too picky?  At least he’s tried to find something to talk about.  I’ll definitely email the next one.

Email from: m

Date: April 13 2013 - 21:40
Subject: hey

H
http://stc.meetic.com/js/main_v5/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif,l ve got long hair you wonth like me?
Oh dear god, the man has used a smiley, he’s managed three typos in a nine word sentence and he’s got shoulder length hair.  Delete.  But wait, I’ve got to start somewhere.  I respond.

Email sent to : m

Date: April 13 2013 - 22:02
Subject: Re: hey
Could cope with the hair. The 'looking for between 19 and 35' is a deal breaker. :)

Email from: m

Date: April 13 2013- 22:09
Subject: Re: Re: hey
l can change that, just for you, l was afraid of the hair and you find another problem,http://stc.meetic.com/js/main_v5/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif

Email sent to : m

Date: April 13 2013 - 22:11
Subject: Re: Re: Re: hey
I'm a bit afraid of the hair too...

Email from: m

Date: April 13 2013 - 22:15
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey
when you see it l'm sure 'll like it, but l wonth cutted even not for your smile,http://stc.meetic.com/js/main_v5/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif

This is hilarious.  Who’s next?

No comments:

Post a Comment