Sunday 25 May 2014

Not an adventurous eater...


So let’s recap.  What have we learnt?
  • ·         Don’t contact them first
  • ·         Don’t be too picky
  • ·         Be a little bit picky
  • ·         Don’t meet too early
  • ·         Eat before meeting
  • ·         Don’t meet in your local if you ever want to go there again
  • ·         Don’t be disheartened if they run away

Email from: EnglishW

Date: April 26 2013 - 12:50
Subject: Re: Answer to your quiz
Hiya! Why are you on here? A sexy mature women like you must have men falling at her feet?!
Email sent to : EnglishW
Date: April 26 2013 - 19:03
Subject: Re: Re: Answer to your quiz

Mature????  At 34?

Showing your age.  Delete that word from your vocab.

Good luck with your quest.

Email from: EnglishW

Date: April 26 2013 - 23:59
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Answer to your q
WOW, you're uptight!

Cheers to that. 


How rude!  Then I receive this little number:

Email from: chief78

Date: May 31 2013 - 13:36
Subject: grande

Hey sammux,
Nice profile. You have to tell me where to get one of those cups of coffee. I think I'll want one tomorrow morning :-)

E


My giant Starbucks photo seems to attract allsorts.  I respond with some light banter then panic as I haven’t asked a question, so send a longer email:


Email sent to : chief78
Date: May 31 2013 - 13:38
Subject: Re: grande
It's awesome isn't it?  It's in Xi'An in China, so a little bit far to go for a latte.

Email sent to: chief78
Date: May 31 2013 - 14:48
Subject: Re: Re: grande
Ever ordered a latte after your dessert in Italy?  They look at you like you're mental.  Coffee snobs.

China was amazing.  I would recommend it to anyone.  I went late last year and travelled from Hong Kong up to Beijing mostly by train.  Am now a dab hand at making pot noodle while travelling at 100mph.

Currently stuck in the departures lounge at Edinburgh Airport.  My BA flight has been cancelled and I'm on the standby list of a BMI flight but it doesn't leave until 6:55.  Bit grumpy.  Hooray for WiFi.

Any holidays planned for this year?  Where is the most amazing place you have ever been and why haven't you moved there?

Sam

PS - E? - short for?

Email from: chief78

Date: May 31 2013 - 22:29
Subject: Re: Re: Re: grande

I'm an Italy virgin. First time there will be my flatmate's sister's wedding in June. I worked with several Italians on my Phd so I'm aware of the coffee snobbery. I appreciate a bitter Italian espresso but a bulky caffeinated American gallon of muddy water has its place too eh? :-D Where are you on the coffee snobbery spectrum?

Pot noodle at 100mph?! This is one of the first things I look for in a woman.

How are ya stuck in Edinburgh? Hope you get back.

Most interesting place I've been? Is this a filter question? Very difficult! I could tell you the most interesting place I've never been. Hmm... I suppose the most interesting place I've been is Iceland. I don't live there because there's only 250k people and I think that would be difficult. But the fact that everybody's descended from a few Norse, Welsh and Irish fascinates me! How about you?

En_ _



This all sounds very promising...



Email sent to: chief78
Date: May 31 2013 - 23:04
Subject: Enid?
Just making conversation not purposefully questioning you.  Glad you're impressed with my noodle skills.

Caught out by the BA strikes.  Got another BA flight next week, hope they have sorted themselves out by then.

I liked Iceland, the women are unbelievably good looking and the airport is like being in a ski lodge.  Most interesting place.  That's actually really hard.  Pause for 5 minutes... Got it.  Israel/Occupied Palestine.  Little bit political but absolutely fascinating.

I draw the line at instant coffee but will happily drink anything else.

So Phd - Are you a Doctor then?  What did you study?

Sam

Email from: chief78

Date: May 31 2013 - 23:39
Subject: Re: Enid?
He he. I can't continue the pot noodles thread. It's one of the things I've never tasted - along with baked beans and porridge (until recently). Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm not adventurous. It's just I didn't get round to it and then you think 'it'd be a shame after 30 years to break the run' ya know? What's the most common food you've never tasted? This is obviously critical to our being a match...

Agh. sorry to hear about the strike trouble. Must be a nightmare... Are you still stuck in an airport?

You've been in Palestine? Wow! Is it your buying job that brings you to these places? I love travelling but feel obliged to read the history first. Palestine would take at least 5 years preparation! How did you go there? As a tourist?

Yes I'm a doctor - the research kind. Sorry to disappoint! I could definitely write a paper on something for you but no life saving. My PhD was in Computer Science. I can tell you more but I don't want you to drop into a coma or run a mile. Trust me though, I have high standards of personal hygiene, don't wear many black t-shirts and can relate to females :-)

End_



Email sent to: chief78
Date: June 1 2013 - 00:18
Subject: End of the world as we know it?
Oh my god.  Am flabbergasted.  Can just about cope with you never having tried a pot noodle but just can't deal with the baked beans.  That's too weird.  You need to try it, then you can just get on with your life.  For your first time you need to go Heinz original, maybe with the little sausages, spoil yourself.  Couple of drops of tabasco or mix in some Marmite.  OMG.  Is there any other fact like that you are yet to share?  Fascinating.

I think I have tried pretty much everything from Rice Krispies to bat on a stick (purchased through a bus window in Laos).  Clearly I had pushier parents.  I actually like liver.

Buying only takes me to the States and Germany.  I do like an adventurous holiday.  

Do you have Dr on your credit cards?  I so would.

Thanks for making my airport stay more interesting!

Sam

Email from: chief78

Date: June 1 2013 - 21:28
Subject: Re: in Heinz sight
Hey Sam,
Your email made me laugh so much!
'Get on with my life'. Huh. Sometimes the simple life is better. I told ya these things just somehow didn't get done. I'll try beans soon but when I'm ready and with the right person. Thanks for the tips though (apart from Marmite). Jaysus that must be absolutely foul. Yes I've lots more facts like this I could share but you have enough for now. You're clearly struggling with the beans :-)
I like liver! We're compatible! My parents were never so pushy as to make me eat bat on a stick though. I mean it's endangered anyway - probably because of the likes of you. I'll bet you've eaten Dolphin brain mixed with Marmite.

Have you escaped the airport then or do I need to keep emailing you? :-P Tell me a blonde joke.

Enda*

*you wouldn't be much good at hangman



Enda?  Am flummoxed.  Guessing he’s Irish from the random spelling of Jesus.



Email sent to: chief78
Date: June 1 2013 - 22:42
Subject: Endangered Bat?
Clearly not a Marmite fan.  The bat on a stick was a one time thing.  I thought it was chicken.  I was really hungry.  Even I would struggle with dolphin brain.  Do you watch Glee?  "Dolphins are gay sharks".  I think I ate monkey brain once in Saudi when I was a kid.  I am incredibly gullible though so that might not be true.

I'm off to France next week for my annual family holiday.  My brother has his R&R break at the end of July so we are going to drive round Europe for 2 weeks in his yet to be purchased new car Thelma and Louise style (hopefully without the suicide pact at the end).  Then in September I'm going to India with my best friend.  Which leaves a week or so for last minute holidays.  You doing anything exciting?

My favourite blonde moment ever was when we were camping in Australia.  Instead of blowing out the candles my friend Maccas shook them covering everyone in boiling hot wax.  This is someone who has 5 A's at A Level!

Sam

PS yes made it home but annoyingly left my phone charger in Edinburgh.  Grrrr.

Email from: chief78

Date: June 1 2013 - 23:27
Subject: Re: monkey zombie

He he. You mean you thought you were ordering 'wings'. They definitely serve monkey brains in Saudi. Either Saudi or Indiana Jones. I'm not sure which. I remember it disturbing me as a child. Actually baked beans are quite brainy when you think about it...

God you travel plenty! Sounds great. I love getting out of London but it's hard to synchronise with others and travel is more fun with others. I'm a best man in Ireland in 3 weeks and then a wedding in Italy and then I'm driving around the US with friends in September. Banjo country! Can't wait!

Well, it's been good craic emailing you. Maybe you'd like to meet up? I want to take you on a journey. I want to take you to a place of stylish handbags at reasonable prices where smells of exotic foods fill the air and the brownies are so dense they shear instead of crumble. What do you think? Sunday? Or just a drink if you prefer?!
Night!
Enda



Er okay.  We finally got there. 



Email sent to : chief78
Date: June 2 2013 - 00:36
Subject: Enda (never would have got it)
Sounds suspiciously like where I work.

Guessing Spitalfields?  If yes, that would be great.  Never been.  Which is random as I love stuff like that.  It will have to be late afternoon as I'm supposed to be in Twickenham for the weekend for an Aussie reunion.  Text me and we can work out time, place, red carnations etc.

How's the best man speech going?  That's got to be one of the scariest things you can do.  It's the highlight of the wedding if it's good...

Looking forward to Sunday.

Sam

PS Think you have put me off baked beans for a while.

Email from: chief78

Date: June 2 2013 - 22:40
Subject: Re:God it never would have ended

Hi Sam,
How are ya today? I'm just back from salsa. It was a great class but I feel it in my ancient legs!

Curse your brain for guessing my date idea! Is Spitalfields open on Sunday and how late do we meet? I'm thinking it may be dying down after 3... We could always grab a glass of wine somewhere either. I'm' at the Junction but it's fairly lame for drinks. The trouble with alcohol is it makes me funnier and better looking and that might mislead you.

Have a good rest-of-week!

Enda.



We’re there.  Stay posted and I’ll let you know how it went (clue – not well)...

No comments:

Post a Comment